The Marriage of Figaro
A charming story of servants and masters changing places, pageboys playing at soldiers, ruined flowerbeds and nighttime trysts.
This season is subject to COVID-19 restrictions. To book as part of an opera package (2 or more operas) click here
ABOUT THE SHOW
A comedy of servants and masters changing places, pageboys playing at soldiers, ruined flowerbeds and nighttime trysts form the backdrop to some of the most beautiful music ever written. This work celebrates one idea, that true love is life's most valuable gift and should be nurtured, cherished and fought for.
Mozart's masterpiece picks up the story sometime after the events of The Barber of Seville and this time it is Figaro's turn to find love, however his fiancé, Susanna, is being pursued by the Count, much to the dismay of the Countess Rosina.
This is a work of charm, wit and beauty, presented in a new production, directed by Patrick Nolan and conducted by Christopher van Tuinen.
SUNG IN ITALIAN WITH ENGLISH SURTITLES
THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO is an Opera Queensland production. This production premieres on 15 July 2021 in Brisbane, Australia.
Conductor Christopher van Tuinen
Count Almaviva Teddy Tahu Rhodes
Crew & King Café | Restaurant | Bar is open at the iconic His Majesty’s Theatre and serving the best produce Western Australia has to offer.
Book via The Fork or call (08) 9265 0937
Our 2021 season is planned to be delivered in either Phase 4 or Phase 5 of Western Australian Government restrictions, which require a significant revision of seating plans to keep audiences safe.
- We are planning to present events where physical distancing may be required
- We are unable to guarantee your preferred seats in 2021 due to distancing measures
- We expect demand for tickets will be high and we encourage you to book as soon as you can
- We will endeavour to present these events however, we will be operating as per COVID restrictions and conditions may change rapidly
For more information please contact Box Office on (08) 6212 9292
His Majesty’s Theatre and West Australian Opera have COVID-19 Safety Policies in place to maintain your safety at the theatre. These efforts include:
- The completion of a COVID safety plan.
- Hand sanitiser stations readily available.
- Ongoing frequent deep cleaning regimes across all areas of the venue.
- COVID safety trained staff in all areas.
- Distanced markers for queuing.
- Use of the WA Government's SafeWA digital contact register system. For more information please click HERE.
A digital programme for The Marriage of Figaro will be available to view for free on the WAO website in advance, so if you’d like to read it before the performance, you’ll be able to do so.
We are taking every measure possible to ensure audience safety, so printed programmes will not be available at the performances.
Event and ticketing details
Dates & Times
|DURATION||2hrs 50min including one interval|
|23 October, 2021||Saturday - 7.30pm|
|26 October, 2021||Tuesday - 7.30pm|
|28 October, 2021||Thursday - 7.30pm|
|30 October, 2021||Saturday - 7.30pm|
His Majesty's Theatre
825 Hay StreetGet directions